Functional Integration ® is the brilliant system of touch devised by Moshe Feldenkrais to help with many chronic conditions.
Sessions (you stay clothed and lie well supported on a plinth) are an hour. It is slow and deeply quietening of your system. Feldenkrais can be very useful for:
- People with neurological difficulties : Parkinsons, strokes, MS.
- People after surgery such as breast cancer, or back operations, or dealing with the longer-term effects of accidents, trauma or injury.
- Chronic pain or fatigue sufferers.
- People with high stress and anxiety levels, or depression.
- Arthritis sufferers.
- People with back pain, scoliosis, headaches, jaw, neck and shoulder restrictions.
- People with breathing difficulties.
- Musicians, actors, dancers, martial artists and sports people who want to achieve more, and need greater flexibility and ease of movement.
- Elderly who need to be mobile and strong.
There is no set requirement for the amount of sessions. While you are welcome to book for a one-off assessment and trial session, best results occur with steady learning. At the first session I will discuss feasible ways of going forward, depending on your time and finances, but most benefit is gained by taking a package of lessons, six at least, and coming on a weekly basis to reach your desired goal. It is a process, rather than a quick fix.
Deep and lasting beneficial effects can be felt right from the first lesson, but habits are powerful and generally you will need several sessions to keep re-enforcing the changes, and training your perceptions, and new controls. A weekly interval gives you time to notice things about yourself, apply what you learn to your sport or daily life, and determine what you still want to improve.
After an initial, concentrated phase, you may come every second week, or once a month. People from out of town may benefit from daily sessions for a few days.
Cape Town R550
Session fees must be settled on the day, either cash or via EFT. We regret having no card facilities at the studio. Discounted sessions are available if you book for ten sessions. Packages to be negotiated, but rule of thumb is a reduction of 20% per lesson.
If you cancel a session less than 24 hours in advance, you will need to pay for the session.